Aim Your Search

Michael Jackson

Villains' Henchmen. The unappreciated grunts.


I’ve wondered about villains’ henchmen for some time now. I’ll watch a spy flick, like James Bond, or a superhero movie like Batman, the movies try to make everything realistic, which makes me wonder, where do villains get their henchmen? First of all is this a job you apply for? or do you get it word of mouth? Is there an interview? what would make your interview good or bad? Is being Honest a good quality, but frowned upon for the position? or does dishonesty get you more cred with the interviewer? Does having a criminal background help or hinder your objective of becoming a henchman.


Now if you fail or pass the interview process (or pass by failing, depending on how the villain is hiring) and you land your henchmen gig, what is your career progression? I’d imagine every henchman, would aspire to be like his boss the super villain.


Is there a probationary period once hired? If you commit one good deed are you terminated? Or what if you show compassion? Is there a union for your profession(imagine those union meetings)? What type of benefits does the super villain offer his henchman? Does the henchman get a group life insurance policy? What about sick days, vacation days and personal days?


One thing all the movies portray is that the super villain pays well. I know for damn sure, if I were employed as a henchman, and was being confronted by James Bond or Batman, and my boss commands me “GET HIM!”, and he wasn’t paying me well, I’d Reply “WTF Get him yourself, I’m outta here”.

Share/Save/Bookmark Subscribe

0 comments: